Lower Lip Sensitivity and Numbness Weeks Post Chin Implant? (photo)

Hi, I had a chin Implant (Medpor put intra-orally) 3weeks back, since the surgery I have this numbness in my chin and lower lip. Right portion of lower lip is fine , middle in numb and left portion feels very sensitive to touch (but has no sensitivity to hot/cold ),I get tingling sensation here at times. I can still see the stitches in my mouth aren't dissolved. also on touching I feel the implant at the left side is higher than the right, though it does not show (maybe coz i have fat on jaw line)

3 Weeks after Chin Implant and Position Concerns

+1

If the chin implant is against the mental nerve, the sensations will worsen over the ensuing weeks.  If this is transient secondary to dissection or swelling, the sensations will improve over the next several weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lower Lip Sensitivity and Numbness Weeks Post Chin Implant?

+1

Sounds like slow normal healing. If after 3 months than become concerned. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon in detail. 

Lower Lip Sensitivity and Numbness Weeks Post Chin Implant? (photo

+1

It is not unusual to have different nerve sensations after a chin implant. This is caused by dissection of the pocket around the mental nerve. The strange feelings will usually go away after a while.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon