Will rhinoplasty give me a slimmer nose? (photos)

My nose needs a lot of work. It's wide bulbous, uneven and i have thick skin. I know, from extensive research that I need an osteotomy, alar base reduction and tip refining. What should I look for when searching for the right ps? Will I be able to have a slim nose? I know a super defined tip is not possible, bt can I hope to have some definition at least?

rhinoplasty candidate for narrowing the wide nose

+1
 Thick skin will be an impediment to seeing a full narrowing affect of the bridge and tip. You are correct, osteotomies will narrow the nasal bridge while alar base reduction will narrow the nostrils and a tip rhinoplasty will narrow the tip. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has extensive experience and is done thousands of nasal surgeries, has great ratings and reviews, testimonials and a before and after photo gallery. Computer imaging will also help along in consultation process for education.

Best Rhinoplasty is a refinement of existing structure

+1
Your goals are reasonable and achievable by experienced facial specialist. We are always weary of patients who want to look like someone else. In your case nasal and tip refinement, alar narrowing and tip definition are achievable and reasonable goals. A good facial plastic specialist will also address other features that could further refine your features and enhance appearance. Those will be discussed during your consultation once your goals and concenrs are communicated

Julian Henley, MD
Greeley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will rhinoplasty give me a slimmer nose?

+1
Yes, a rhinoplasty would thin and refine your nose to better balance with your face.  You would need a full rhinoplasty with bridge and tip included.  Something to think about...your chin is recessed.  A small, recessed chin will make the nose appear larger.  You may consider filler or an implant to balance out the lower half of your face.

A rhinoplasty would give a slimmer nose but within certain constraints.

+1
I think a rhinoplasty would take you fairly close to your aesthetic goal. The skin is a bit thick in the condition of the tip cartilages unknown. An examination by a competent plastic surgeon and possibly video imaging would be very useful

Changes

+1
Slimmer and more refined---yes. 80% of the wish result, I doubt it. A more likely outcome would be less.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

+1
   Rhinoplasty can achieve a more refined tip and bridge with a smaller alar base.