I am considering a tummy tuck, do I need to get my abdominal muscle tightened? (photos)

I am 22 years old, i have been working out everyday since the past 3 years, i was around 260 pounds earlier and now i am around 175 pounds, i have a good built now (12% bodyfat), i even work my abs regularly, the only problem is the loose skin on my stomach, considering a tummy tuck to get rid of the loose skin, shall i get my muscles tightened as well ??

No likely need for muscle tightening with TT

+2
From your photos you have excellent muscle tone and no evidence of a muscle gap (diastasis) which means that you do not likely need to have a muscle tightening procedure performed.  Good luck with your TT, you should do very well.  

Gaurav Bharti

Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Female Tummy Tucks vs. Male Tummy Tucks

+1
In your case, you look very fit and muscle tightening does not seem to be needed, nor does liposuction.  However, with almost all of my female tummy tucks, I prefer to tighten the muscles using corset plication which narrows the waist and feminizes the torso.  A tummy tuck should leave you with a beautiful result: a flat stomach, tapered waist, and no muffin top, and I routinely use liposuction not just on the stomach but on the sides and the back, which are so very important to create a great profile.

Barry Weintraub, MD

Male tummy tucks

+1
rarely benefit from muscle work.  You do have excess skin that could be removed but it will leave a scar that some may find worse then the excess skin.

Curtis Wong, MD

Muscle is in Good Shape

+1
Thanks for your pictures.  It is not necessary for you to have muscle tightening.  You simply need removal of the excess skin.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Male TT

+1
Arb3411, Congratulations for such a good discipline which gave you great results!  You don`t have any need to tight you abdominal muscles, because they seem to be very firm with no abnormal separation between them. You could qualify for a mini-TT, with a only skin resection. Keep the good work.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

I am considering a tummy tuck, do I need to get my abdominal muscle tightened?

+1
Great effort give great results! Congratulations... I might offer a skin ONLY mini TT. But need in peson evaluation.. 

No

+1
It does not appear that you will need any form of muscle tightening. The stretch and separation of the abdominal muscles is most commonly caused by pregnancy. Congratulations on your weight loss and new physique. Please make sure to find an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery.

Renee Burke, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck in a Male

+1
No you do not need your muscles tightened. Just have the loose skin removed - you will get a great result.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
Congrats on your weight loss!! What an accomplishment!!! From your photographs, it doesn't appear you need much muscle tightening, if any at all. There is no substitute for a good physical exam though. Go see a plastic surgeon and complete your transformation! Hope that helps.
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon