I Want a Solution for my Distorted Ears...What Should I Do? Should I Have Otoplasty? (photo)

I am facing so problem so many problem with my distorted ears..i Cannot make pony tail because face looks so bad..I feel vary low..Help me please.

What is an otoplasty and how is it performed?

+1

Great Question.

Although your pictures are limited it looks as though you may be a candidate for an otoplasty. But to have surgery is a personal decision and you should carefully consider both the benefits and risks after consulting with a trained surgeon.

An otoplasty is a common surgery that is typically performed under general anesthesia. The incision is placed behind the ear and there may also be a small incision in the front of the ear. Incisions should be well hidden from view. The thickened cartilage in the middle, called the conchal bowl, can be removed or sewn back to your head thus improving how far your ears "stick out". Also sutures can be places near the top of your ear to improve the contour of the antihelix. Measurements are taken to try and get the ears as symmetric as possible however perfect symmetry may be difficult. Recovery is about 3 weeks and you feel good in a couple of days but many doctors like you to wear a head band for a few weeks to support the wounds while they heal. 

Below is a video of the surgery to correct prominent ears. It may be helpful for you to understand the steps for Otoplasty and Ear reshaping.

Please make sure to visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon. Your safety should be most important and perform your due diligence. Best of Luck!

Morgantown Plastic Surgeon

Protruding ears

+1

Based on your picture, it appears that your ears are rotated outward too far.  This is a fairly easy problem to correct.  A small incision is made in the crease behind your ear, the ears are rotated back into the "normal" position and held in place using a few well-placed stitches.  The scar is well hidden behind your ear and should not be obvious.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

I Want a Solution for my Distorted Ears...What Should I Do? Should I Have Otoplasty?

+1

If you would like the ears pinned back with an otoplasty, this is a straightforward procedure with little downtime.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Otoplasty for Distorted Ears

+1

You are an excellent candidate for an otoplasty which will give you great ear shape improvement. This is a very effective and fairly easy surgery to go through so you should not hold back given how you feel about your ears.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

otoplasty for prominent ears

+1

An otoplasty involves setting the ear back closer to the posterior  mastoid fascia, and it also involves recreating the anti-helical fold with permanent sutures. The procedure can be performed under either local or general anesthesia depending upon patient desires. Please see  the link below for few examples of otoplasty results in our practice

+1

Based on the photos you've submitted, an otoplasty is the best option to reduce the prominence of your ears and bring them closer to your head. I am assuming that both ears are similarly prominent. In that case, they can both be repaired to achieve symmetry. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty for prominent ears.

+1

An otoplasty is a common operation for your prominent ears. The result of an otoplasty will bring the ears closer to your head while the overall size cannot be changed. You should have a good result :choose a very experienced otoplasty surgeon.