If I Go to India for Tummy tuck After Howmany Days Can I Fly Back to CA?

Surgical tourism

+1

You'd be crazy to go to India for a major procedure such as a tummy tuck.  I'm sure there are well trained plastic surgeons in India but my guess is that the good ones are not promoting surgical tourism. 

Surgery in India

+1

Why in the world would you fly to India when you already live in the capital of plastic surgery?  The extra expense of traveling and the risks involved do not make sense.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

If I Go to India for Tummy tuck

+1

This won't really answer your question, but it is important information. I recently saw a woman who did her homework before going to India to see an American trained plastic surgeon for browlift and facelift. The work was terrible, and afterwards he would not answer her emails or refund any of the low cost fees she saved (the reason for going) and had to pay my US fees to redo the entire surgery. Afterwards she said my fees were the best money she had spent. Be warned..you get what you pay for.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Flight after tummy tuck

+1

I generally see my tummy tuck patients  weekly for the first month after surgery.  But I also see them intermittently for up to 6 months or more if there is a problem.  May be difficult if your surgeon is in India.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Traveling for a tummy tuck

+1

There is no good reason to go to India for a tummy tuck.  Price should not be a consideration.  Tummy tucks are among the most potentially risky plastic surgery procedures because of the risk of blood clots that can be fatal if they dislodge and go to your lungs.  You should stay there at least 2 weeks if you continue this plan.  Also, you will be hard pressed to find any care of complications that may occur when you return home.  So, carefully consider this.  Travel flight costs plus and extended stay in India would eat up the cost difference to have it done in the US.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tucks

+1

Normally I see my patients at one week post-op, 2 weeks post-op , 4 weeks, and 6 weeks, and then again at three months. Unless you are planning to spend at least 6 weeks in India, you need to find a surgeon near home to do your follow-up care, and that will be difficult.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

If I Go to India for Tummy tuck After Howmany Days Can I Fly Back to CA

+1

That is something you will have to clear with your surgeon. I would expect that the surgeon would want to see you at about a week after surgery. You may need management of your drains and your incisions. 

And you have to hope you will have no complications, because you may find it difficult to find a surgeon back home willing to manage the problems of another surgeon. Consider that when you are weighing the pros and cons of international surgery.

All the best. 

Flying Postop

+1

I think having a tummy tuck overseas is a bad idea.  I have no doubt that there are excellent plastic surgeons in India.  I suspect, however, that you are considering surgery in India for financial reasons.  Given the cost of travel, hotels etc. I wonder if the savings is worth the hassle.  Most importantly is the concern that if you have a complication you could be in a very difficult situation.  With respect to travel, if you trust the surgeon in India you should trust his (her) advice on this issue as well.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery in India and Flight to California

+1

I would recommend having your surgery in California rather than India.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Traveling Out Of Country For Tummy Tuck Could Be Dangerous

+1

I've seen women who have gone to foreign countries and have returned with bad infections, botched surgery and the financial consequences that this can bring. It's generally not considered a good idea when here in the United States you have such a wealth of truly talented plastic surgeons. I'd encourage you to read my article on the dangerous trend of "Surgical Vacations".

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon