If I Go to India for Tummy tuck After Howmany Days Can I Fly Back to CA?

Surgical tourism

+1

You'd be crazy to go to India for a major procedure such as a tummy tuck.  I'm sure there are well trained plastic surgeons in India but my guess is that the good ones are not promoting surgical tourism. 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Plastic Surgery in India and Flight to California

+1

I would recommend having your surgery in California rather than India.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Traveling Out Of Country For Tummy Tuck Could Be Dangerous

+1

I've seen women who have gone to foreign countries and have returned with bad infections, botched surgery and the financial consequences that this can bring. It's generally not considered a good idea when here in the United States you have such a wealth of truly talented plastic surgeons. I'd encourage you to read my article on the dangerous trend of "Surgical Vacations".

Web reference: http://www.dr-youngforever.blogspot.com/2010/11/surgery-holidays.html

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Surgery in India

+1

Why in the world would you fly to India when you already live in the capital of plastic surgery?  The extra expense of traveling and the risks involved do not make sense.  

Medical Tourism BE WARE

+1

Medical Tourism is a bad idea.  There is much less over site in foreign countries regarding sterility and medical education/training requirements.  There is no protection for you if there is a complication.  Finally most plastic surgeons like to see their patients frequently which would not be possible from that distance.  I have seen many patients who had bad outcomes in foreign countries and are left in a worse financial position trying to correct an impossible problem.  DO NOT DO IT!

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Medical tourism- or why this is a really really really bad idea!

+1

Don't do this!  Obviously, I am not in California, so I have nothing financial to gain here- I am only concerned for your safety and well being.

This operation in particular is a huge operation and has risks.  Couple this with a long ride on an airplane, and your chances of a DVT, fatal or otherwise goes way up.

Even without that, where are you going to go for after care, and if you have a complication?  This will put you and the doctor in a very difficult position, and makes it hard to help you.  I assure you that you will not save any money. 

I practice in Texas.  Over the years, I have seen too many people come back over the border from "cheap" cosmetic surgery disasters.  I can tell you first hand that the cheap on the front end cost way more on the back end, and the end result of the salvage operation(s) were not always as good as they could have been if they would have stayed here and done it right in the first place.

Finally, I fear the unknown, the unseen.  How do you know the sterile technique etc?  You may get some disease (AIDS, hepatitis, parasites, who knows what?), that may not show up for years, and you may not be able even to trace it back.  Even then, what good may that be to you if you can never regain your health.  That would be the invisible cost to you.  Ouch!

How long should I wait before travelling after a Tummy Tuck

+1

Being of Indian Origin and married to a Canadian national, I think I have a special expertise to answer this question.  Don't do it!  I know that there are some excellent surgeons in India and the cost will be less even with the airfare, but it is not worth it.

We see patients quite often after surgery.  You will want to establish a long term relationship with a plastic surgeon close to where you live in Calgary.  I am sure you can find excellent surgeons in Calgary.

The one complication that is increased after TT more than any other plastic surgery procedure is Deep Vein Thrombosis or Blood Clot.  The risk of this is increased with long distance air travel as well.

In San Antonio, I operate several patients from Mexico, I usually ask them to plan on staying in San Antonio for at least 6 weeks after their Tummy Tuck.

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com/procedures/body/tummy-tuck-san-antonio-tx

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

If I Go to India for Tummy tuck

+1

This won't really answer your question, but it is important information. I recently saw a woman who did her homework before going to India to see an American trained plastic surgeon for browlift and facelift. The work was terrible, and afterwards he would not answer her emails or refund any of the low cost fees she saved (the reason for going) and had to pay my US fees to redo the entire surgery. Afterwards she said my fees were the best money she had spent. Be warned..you get what you pay for.

Flight after tummy tuck

+1

I generally see my tummy tuck patients  weekly for the first month after surgery.  But I also see them intermittently for up to 6 months or more if there is a problem.  May be difficult if your surgeon is in India.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Traveling for a tummy tuck

+1

There is no good reason to go to India for a tummy tuck.  Price should not be a consideration.  Tummy tucks are among the most potentially risky plastic surgery procedures because of the risk of blood clots that can be fatal if they dislodge and go to your lungs.  You should stay there at least 2 weeks if you continue this plan.  Also, you will be hard pressed to find any care of complications that may occur when you return home.  So, carefully consider this.  Travel flight costs plus and extended stay in India would eat up the cost difference to have it done in the US.