Am I a case for revision blepheroplasty? (photos)

I had a blepheroplasty with inscissions under the eyelashes 17 years ago. (I am female and 47 now). The fat was taken out and some of it redistributed. My problem is that I developed hollows under the eyes but there are still bulges under the outer corners of the eye. These bulges are my main concern. I was hoping that a transconjunctival blepheroplasty could be performed.

Lower lid blepharoplasty

+1
The primary goal of  a lower lid  blepharoplasty is to remove fatty deposits  which are causing the puffiness look. A trans-conjunctival approach is an incision on the inside of the eyelid that can remove  fatty deposits that are making the eyes look puffy and swollen. For many examples, please see the link below

Am I a case for revision blepharoplasty?

+1
From the appearance of your photos, you do seem to be a candidate for a transconjunctival blepharoplasty, especially to take care of the bulges in the outer corners.  Please see an Oculoplastic surgeon.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision blepharoplasty

+1
If you had a transcutaneous (incision under the eyelashes) lower eyelid blepharoplasty 17 years ago, it is common for some of the bulging fat to return. This can be corrected with either a transconjunctival lower eyelid surgery with removal of the outside (lateral) fat pads. From your photo, it does appear that there may be a little fat in the central and medial (near the nose) fat pads as well. I would consider fat re-positioning in your case to try and avoid any further loss of volume and to improve the hollowing. If there is any excess skin, then a transcutaneous approach might be appropriate to address the skin excess. A proper evaluation in the office with an experienced surgeon is best to help determine the most appropriate course of action.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral fat pad

+1
Hi.  You have a little residual fat in the "lateral fat pad" of the lower eyelid.  It seems more obvious on your right side.  This can certainly be removed transconjunctivally.  Most plastic surgeons and oculo-plastic surgeons could help you with this.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Revision blepharoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  The excess fat in the side or lateral pockets could be removed and used to fill the Hollow areas.

However you need to consult an expert oculoplastic surgeon.  Secondary blepharoplasty even when done with a trans-conjunctival approach could result in lower lid retraction

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Reivsion blepharoplasty

+1
You do have some of the lateral fat pads still.  These are often more prominent after a fat excision blepharoplasty.  You can usually remove this residual fat with a transconjunctival approach.  For the hollowing more medially, some filler or fat injection would help. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision blepharoplasty

+1
It looks like there is still pockets of excess fat in the outer corners of your lower eyelids. The fat could be removed with additional surgery. Areas of hollowing could be improved with Restylane injections to help create a smoother eyelid-cheek junction. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon