Indents After Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am almost 4 weeks post op and I noticed these indents above my belly button . Is this likely caused by swelling more in the surrounding areas ??or is it likely I pulled sutures there ? I don't see my ps for 2 more weeks but I'm concerned by these indents

The indents are likely from sutures

+1

Thank you for your question and image.

I would talk to your plastic surgeon..  Some PS close the space between the muscle repair and the overlying fat / skin with "plication" sutures.  Occassionally, in thin patients, the sutures can cause contour changes in the overlying skin.  It appears that this is what has been done.  If this is the cause, and they are dissolving sutures, the "indents" will resolve by about 6 to 10 week.

Follow up with your surgeon and ask about him / her about the "indents".  The person best qualified to give you an opinion, is the person that did your abdominoplasty surgery.

I'm certain you will be reassured once you ask your PS.

All the best.

Dr. Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC   barrplasticsurgery.com

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Indentations After Tummy Tuck

+1

I am not really sure what this indentation represents.  I would give this area about 2 additional months to settle.  Currently, there is nothing to be done except see your PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS