Indents After Extended Tummy Tuck and Lipo of the Flanks? (photo)

I am post op 13 days and noticed I have indents from where the binder sits on my sides down near my hips. At the bottom of the indentation there is a hard spot more so on my right side then the left side. We make sure to follow my PS post op instructions by making sure the foam and binder are straight not bunched up. I am getting my water intake. I am guessing this is all swelling. I still can not get any pre op clothing on that has zippers and buttons they just do not fit right at all.

Swelling or healing wrong?

+2

Looking at your photos, you look swollen. Careful to keep your garments smooth and don't let the binder bunch up. Please, get that old Xeroform dressing out of your belly button and switch to some polysporin ointment there!

Here are some tips:

1. All garments must be perfectly smooth! No dents and no tight spots! Sometimes Spanx can work better after a week or so.

2. If it is sore, it is swelling

3. If it is hard, it is swelling

4. If your old remaining stretch marks look red/puffy, that is still swelling!

5. If it has a "fluid wave" - you can push on it and it sloshes to the next adjacent spot - then it is a seroma. Go to your PS and get it drained over and over until it is gone.

Indents after surgery.

+1

Your photos suggest swelling of the tissue, particularly this soon after surgery. Make sure the garment is smooth and covers all areas addressed at the surgery and even overlapping to normal tissue. Be patient and good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Indent after liposuction of waist

+1

Thats is a common question and the answer is wait. It takes 4-6 months and sometimes longer to see the full effect of liposuction. During that time, to will see the improvement.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

You definitely still have swelling of the flanks from the lips and need to wait a few months for it to subside before evaluating the final result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy tuck at 13 days

+1

It is quite common to have swelling after a tummy tuck.   It may take months for this to subside.

Swollen

+1

Hello

That is a great question, being that your only 13 days in it is very normal to be swollen. You need to be wearing your compression garment and padding so that the compression garment is not touching your incision. Give your body up 1 year for all the swelling to go away.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Post op swelling and indention

+1

At this point only time is going to tell if other treatments are needed. At 2 0r 3 months you will know. Some people and areas swell more then others so truy to relax and follow you doctor's advice.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Small imperfections always stay after a lypo or TT

+1

this imperfections may be  easealy corrected  after normal post op. waiting  time of 1 or 2 motnhs applying endermology or doing  an in office  small lypo correction, do not desperate and please do not intend another methods  vacuom,meso laser thermo, external ultrasound terapy because this will dilate a lot  and  this  surely will cost a lot of money and perhaps only corrects less than 50%

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon