I Have an Indented Scar on My Forehead, What Treatments Do You Suggest?

From a childhood accident, it runs diagonally upward from my left eyebrow. Can this be improved? I would prefer laser treatments over surgical, but if better results are realised from a surgical approach I would opt for that. Regards

Laser vs. surgery for a forehead scar

+1

The most optimal treatment would be scar excision and layered closure.  Other options include:

1. Percutaneous scar release
  2. Fractional CO2 laser

Fraxel Restore for scars

+1

Fraxel Re Store may be a an option. You will require several treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart with minimal downtime or a more aggressive option is laser resurfacing which requires more downtime.  The decision as to which laser is best depends on depth of scar, skin type, the amount of downtime you have and your goals.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Forehead scar

+1

Laser is least likely to work. Surgery is likely to be better. The scar can be reshaped to fit natural forehead lines. At times an indented scar also needs a little filler. 

My advice -

• see a Board Certified plastic surgeon.
  • Discuss what options are best for your scar, why and the cost.
  • Minor scar revisions and fillers are done in the office. Let's hope this is all you need. Good lujck!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD