Indented Scar on Nose Tip, What Treatment Can I Do to Improve It? (photo)

Hi. I am Asian. I have an indented scar on nose tip for 8 months. It is still have some pink colors. What treatment can I do to smooth it? Is it a right time to have scar revision now? Thanks in advance.

Getting rid of a small atrophic scar on the nose

+1

I would treat this subtle nose scar with fractional co2 skin resurfacing to minimize the contour problem associated with the atrophic scar. 

Indented Scar on Nose Tip, What Treatment Can I Do to Improve It?

+1

The scar on the tip of your nose looks relatively small. I usually recommend either dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) or laser resurfacing of this area to repair the concavity and improve the appearance of the scar itself. This should be very effective. It will leave you with a small raw area that looks like road rash. It will be just slightly larger than the scar itself. The wound needs to be kept moist for about one week and you will need to wear sunscreen for about three months afterward to minimize the risk of hyperpigmentation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon