Indented Scar Above Lip From Dog Bite- What Are My Treatment Options? (photo)

I have indented red scar above my lip from a dog bite 18years ago would a filler help with the appearance? I would love to cover it atleast w/makeup but since its indented makeup just makes it stand out more. Please help I need advice asap!!

Options for treating old scar on lip from dog bite

+1

From the photo you have submitted, the scarring looks like hypopigmentation. If it is in fact indented, fillers may help.  Also subcision with a filler could be beneficial. If it is just the white scar, possibly lasers like the Fraxel or fractional CO2 could help, but those will require more than one session. 

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for Indented Lip Scar

+1

Thank you for the question.  The picture, while helpful, is not perfectly clear and a closer, clearer picture may be more helpful. But based on what I can see, the scar would likely benefit from filler treatment and some resurfacing after filling to smooth out the edges.  Resurfacing can be done with lasers or with electrocautery. I recommend you consult an experienced, board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for clinical examination and possible treatment options. Hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=22

Indented Lip Scar

+1

If there is no discoloration of the scar, fillers would improve the appearance. However, if there is a change of pigment in the scar, any irregularity of the lip border, or lip asymmetry, excision and closure is a much better alternative.