Will Indented Scar on Baby's Face Improve over Time?

My three month old daughter dug two fingernails into her upper cheek resulting in two slightly indented red marks. This was a month ago so does this mean she is now permanently scarred? I am upset that her beautiful skin is damaged so early on in life. Is there anything I can do to encourage healing or improve the appearance?

Wait it out - the scars will improve!

+2

Scars resolve much better in children and infants than they do in adults. Do wait some more, the marks will improve with time. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible, and use a moisturising cream regularly. If this worries you a lot, a visit to the doctor should also help!

Good luck!

India Dermatologist