Indentations After Smart Lipo

I recently had Smart Lipo with aspiration on my love handles about a month ago. I can't seem to see a difference but I have noticed two large dents in the area that was treated. Why has this happened and how can I get rid of it? Thank you!

How Smart was your Lipo?

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry you are experiencing this complication. Unfortunately I have seen this many times in patients who thought because they were having "Smart Lipo" , that they were smart for choosing it and could expect a good outcome.

The reality is that laser assisted devices are not (in my opinion) as safe and effective as other alternatives, and are much more prone to causing significant contour deformities such as those you have. Bear in mind, however, that the best way to avoid contour deformity with liposuction is to chose your surgeon carefully (many patients erroneously think that the machine makes all the difference).

I recommend you find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a large experience in body contouring and discuss your problem and goals with them. It sounds like you may need a revision.