Do Indentations Fill in by Itself After the Course of Accutane? When Should I Start Seeing Improvement?

I have just finished with my 6-month course of Accutane, left with some indentations. Those indentations are larger than the ones I would normally get before Accutane. I have not seen a lot of improvement on the scars, but I heard that since Accutane slows down the production of skin cells, the skins will produce cells at a normal speed again after the course, i.e. filling in faster that it would during Accutane. Is that true? Thanks.

Indentations after Accutane

+1

The issue that many people have is that they actually didn't realize how bad their scarring was before the Accutane, because the redness and inflammation covered so much of it. This can be disheartening, but the clarity of your skin now, and the fact that you don't have active acne, will allow the scars to be treated. Some may heal on their own or fill in, but definitely not all of them. See a board-certified dermatologist for advice on how best to proceed. There are many options for scar treatments available.