Indentations from Compression Garment.

I had smartlipo 5-6 days ago. The first two days after the surgery the compression garment indented itself into the back of my thigh (causing the kind of line that is seen when someone wheres too tight jeans). The fact that these lines have not gone away yet are really distressing me. Is this something I should be worried about or is this due to the swelling and fluid. With more time will these indentations go away?

Compression garments are not necessary after smartlipo

+1

In my experience compression garments are not necessary after smartlipo. Theoretically they can slow healing by reducing blood supply and they can cause indentations which almost always disappear with time. Some cosmetic surgeons in Latin America abandoned compression garments more than 20 years ago and I have not used them in the past 20 years. Cotton elastic light garments like Spanx and Underarmour keep tissue warm and seem to speed healing.

Chicago Dermatologist

Liposuction and compression garments

+1

Regardless of what type of liposuction is used, compression garments are often recommended and there may be a skin crease created by a fold or edge of the garment. This is usually spontaneously reversible.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Indentation from garment after Smartlipo

+1

It is normal to see indentations in areas where Smartlipo was performed.  These will probably be visible until the swelling goes down (might take up to 4 weeks before the lines actually disappear).  You might also make sure your garment is not too tight which will just worsen the problem

V. William Papanastasiou, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Indentation after smart lipo

+1

Indentations from the garment may be maginified by the swelling. This should get better over time. Sometimes massage helps.