Is Indentation in Nose Skin Due to Swelling?

I am 2 weeks post op. I have thick skin and know I am still swollen, but I have a very noticeable dent in my skin on the left side of my nose. It is above the tip which looks sunken in on that side. Is this common from swelling? Or was my skin thinned out too much during surgery?

Post-op Dent in Nasal Skin

+1

Two weeks after surgery is too soon to determine the cause of the dent . This may resolve with normal healing. After several months you and your surgeon will evaluate your appearance and decide if any treatment is necessary. Be patient.

Indentation on Side of Nose Two Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It is too early after your surgery to conclude what is causing your "dent".  Share your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD