Indentation Post Rhinoplasty

after my cast was removed I noticed my left side was very swollen which I expected, but the right side of my nose where my bridge meets the side of my nostril had a very prominent indentation in it. I thought maybe its because the swelling in the left is making the indentation on the right more noticeable. But now close to 3 weeks out, my left side's swelling has improved but that side has no trace of indentation and my right still has its indentation why? Also my left nostril droops left?

Indentation on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

This is a difficult question to answer, without knowing the details of your surgery. However, I can confidently say that the nose will go through changes during the acute (early) healing process. This can sometimes lead to asymmetries that will sometimes resolve over time. My advice to you is to follow up with your surgeon on a regular basis; this way, any problems can be addressed in a timely manner. If there is an indentation, then I can assure you that your surgeon wants to know about it. It is important to understand that the healing process after rhinoplasty occurs slowly. While much of the healing is complete after one year, your nose may continue to show subtle refinements for many years.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Outcomes 3 weeks after surgery may be real, but it's too early to do anything

+1

When there is some asymmetry within the 3-4 weeks after surgery it's too early to know if this asymmetry will last or simply resolve on it's own.  It may indeed require a small secondary surgery to repair it, but it may also improve with time.  If it persists at 3 months after surgery it may require a small surgery or treatment with dermafillers.  The only thing patients can do during this early phase is have patience and try to avoid mirrors.  Good luck and hang in there.

Feel free to click on the link below to review before and after photos of my patient who underwent this surgery. His pictures consist of his recovery at 1 day, 1 month, and 3 months post surgery. Hope it helps!

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty-recovery.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indentation Post Rhinoplasty

+1

As you have seen over the last 3 weeks the nose will change as swelling decreases and healing progresses. Share your thoughts with your surgeon, who will monitor your nose over the next 6-9 months.

Rhinoplasty results

+1

At only three to four weeks it is very hard to assess the final results of a rhinoplasty. You really need to give it six months to a year.

Indentation after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

It is difficult to assess any rhinoplasty result for a minimum of 6 months and any revisions may need to be postponed for 12 months.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Indentation after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is only swelling which lasts 6-12 months. Therefore be patient and discuss this with your surgeon.

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty patient from Atlanta,
If you feel this matter is bothering you and there is a problem with your healing, you need to talk to your rhinoplasty surgeon. He/she would be able to examine your nose for proper treatment. To remind you, shape of the nose changes as the swelling subsides.  Good luck and good healing

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com/face-procudures/rhinoplasty.html