Indentation After Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

I have an indentation on the left side of my stomach, after having a mini tummy tuck and liposuction on my upper stomach 4 weeks ago. Will this go away? I thought it could be from swelling at first; but now I'm not even that swollen anymore.

Indentation

+1

An indentation at four weeks post-operative may just be swelling.  Give it some time to heal before getting too worried.

Dent after mini tummy tuck

+1

It is difficult to assess this from your description but my guess is that it is associated with the liposuciton.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Indentation after mini tummy tuck with liposuction

+1

After a mini tummy tuck with my perception, patients should expect a significant recovery process that consists of prolonged swelling and sometimes even unevenness. This may be caused as different parts of the body may feel differently. In our practice, we provide a tight compression garment to all our patients who have received a mini tummy tuck. This allows for a faster resolution of the swelling and to provide support for the patient. Keep in mind that you will only see your final results 6 to 8 months after your procedure. Until then we are your compression garment is much possible, perform gentle aerobic exercise, and start a low-fat diet to maintain your new results

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Speak with your surgeon

+1

It is early in the big picture to be overly concerned about permanence, but some of these things can persist. Speak with your surgeon and have him or her follow you along as things become solid.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Indentations, lumps and contour deformities after liposuction and can be treated with laser

+1

It is too early to be concerned. Significant indentations, lumps and bumps are not really visible until after all swelling has disappeared. This can take up to 6-8 months, so I wo0uld relax until then.

If the indentation turns out to be permanent there are options for correction. If too much fat has been removed then fat can be harvested from another area and injected to plump the depression.

If too much fat has been left behind in the area surrounding the indent, then further liposuction or newer laser liposuction can be used to smooth the high points around the indent.

Be sure to bring your concerns to your doctor.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/laser-liposuction/laser-lipo-leaves-smooth-tight-skin-after-laser-liposuction/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.