Why Did I Get an Indentation on Forehead After Botox?

A few weeks after receiving botox injections in my forhead, I noticed an indent starting from my left eyebrow up towards the hairline. My doctor said that botox did not cause it. I am a little worried. Is anyone farmiliar with this? Will it go back to normal when the botox wears off? Thanks.

Dent in Forehead after Botox

+1

The dent in your forehead is not likely to be due to the Botox itself but rather due to the effect of Botox on the underlying muscles.  Botox paralyzes the muscle, smoothing it out which may uncover underlying irregularities of the bone of the forehead.  It should lessen as the Botox wears off.

Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It may be that there was once an indentation or contour that wasn’t noticed until now

+1

It may be that there was once an indentation or contour that wasn’t noticed until now because the surrounding muscles have been relaxed from the BOTOX. If that is the case, the indentation will go back to normal after the BOTOX wears off.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Indentation after Botox

+1

I cannot think of any mechanism for a Botox injection to create an indentation in your forehead.  Perhaps there is a change in the muscle contraction that is making this irregularity.  A photo would be very useful.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Indentation on forehead after Bot

+1

Never have heard, seen or believe Botox could have caused what your are describing. Please post photos from differing views. This could help us discuss.

Regards from MIAMI DR. B

Dent in forehead after Botox

+1

This is highly unlikely to be permanent and will likely resolve when the botulinum toxin effect dissapates between 3-5 months.

The effect of Botox will dissipate in around 4 months.

+1

You may be noticing an indentation since your brow is weak and immobile from the Botox. When your forehead is smooth, contour irregularities may be more noticeable. Botox injections do not lead to indentations.

If the area is bothersome, and you're not satisfied by the explanation of your doctor, then certainly get a second opinion from a board-certified, experienced Botox injector.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

A photograph would be very helpful.

+1

Unfortunately your description does not provide enough information to offer an intelligent guess regarding what is going on. The most common type of issue is a change in how the forehead muscles contract following an unbalanced BOTOX treatment causing new wrinkling in the forehead due to muscle recruitment.

Indent after Botox

+1

Was there a vein that has disappeared after Botox, whether coincidentally, or related to trauma, which can happen with any injection and any injector? Is this a sleep crease from lying on the pillow on your side and seeing a diagonal line? See your doctor to see what they think. It probably is temporary.

Ronald Shelton, MD