Indentation created after bathing eye... will it go away or is it permanent damage?

Nearly 3 weeks after my surgery I was still suffering from some chemosis in my left eye.  I had read that an eye bath may mitigate the effects.  It did, actually, do that.  But, the cup used to hold the solution during the bath created an indentation/ridge in my eye (I have outlined it with rectangles in the pictures with an arrow pointing to the most prominent indentation).  Now, I am worried that I have permanently damaged the skin/tissue.     I won't be seeing my surgeon until the 21st as I am traveling right now.  Have I permanently damaged the skin/tissue?  If not, what can I do to help mitigate or alleviate this condition before I see my surgeon?

Orbitomalar ligament

+1

The ligament creates the groove, and the groove appears to be reddened from the process described.  I do not believe that this had caused irreparable harm.  Chemosis usually resolves on its own.

"Eye baths" will not help

+1

It is very important that you talk to your surgeon about any postoperative care that you plan on doing. Though it is quite unlikely that the cup has done anything long term, it will not make chemosis resolve any faster.

As mentioned, the groove that you noticing is the outline of orbital bone as framed by the orbito-malar ligament. I suspect that you had fat removed during your surgery and though that improves the contour, the crease cannot be altered with fat excision alone. Some have a more visible crease than others.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Indentation from eye bath?

+1

As far as the picture shows, it looks like the attachment of the orbito-malar ligament causing a "double-bubble" type effect. I doubt it was from using an eyebath?