Indent on Tip After Rhinoplasty, Can this be Corrected with a Filler? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 5 years ago, to fix a small bump on my bridge. The doctor said while fixing that, it would be advisable to remove some cartilage from the tip for an overall better appearance. Since then, my nose has an indent on the right side, with the tip turning out toward the left. Profile and straight on look ok, but a slight angle from either side of my face shows a very different looking nose. Can some sort of filler even this out?

Non surgical rhinoplasty with fillers

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty is very effective for smoothing indents and minor contour irregularities. From what I can see from your photographs I believe that injection of a dermal filler would be an effective way of addressing your concerns.

For patients who are not totally sure about whether to have dermal filler injected in their nose it is possible to do a "test run" using saline injections. The saline injections don't last but it is a totally reversible and cost effective way of seeing if fillers will produce the results you want. The downside is that you will need a second office visit to have the filler (because the saline will take 24 hours to be absorbed), but in the meantime you can look at your before and after photos and assess if you like what is hopefully a refined and improved appearance.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Yes absolutely

+1

Small refienements or even complete changes to the nose can be accomplished with a non surgical rhinoplasty. It is  a quick (less than 1 hour) procedure that can produce dramatic results. In your case, a dermal filler can easily correct the issess at hand. Which dermal filler will depend on your skin thickness and overal goals.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon