What is This Indent in my Nose After Revision Rhinoplasty About? (photo)

Hi, I just had a revision done and my nose now seems to have a number of new problems, whats bothering me the most is this extremely obvious indent in the left side of my nose, it's abnormal and makes my nose look crooked as well. my doctor told me its because there is swelling above it, but I'm starting to think that isn't true. Could it be lack of cartilage in that area? (one month post op)

Indent in nose after revision surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. Nasal revision surgery is usually more complex than primary rhinoplasty. There is more swelling and scarring. And it can take longer for the swelling to subside. You just had the revision and your nose is still swollen. I agree with your plastic surgeon that you have to wait for 9 months to year. The nose will change during that time. After that you can have your nose reevaluated.

Depression in Nose 1 Month after Revision

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your nose 1 month after the revision. Te answer to your question will become more apparent as healing progresses. At this time listen to your surgeon who is the only person who knows exactly what was done during the operation.