Increasing Nasal Tip Protrusion

Hi, my nose is striaght & well proportioned, but the lower third of my nose is rounded due to my poor tip protrusion. Is it possible to "pull" the nasal tip cartillage forward? (Thereby stretching my nostrils to make them less rounded) Can this procedure to be done without looking artificial? I WOULDN'T want a protruded tip AND rounded nostrils. Can a natural well-blended nose be achieved?

Increasing nasal tip protrusion

+1

Giving projection to the nose is one of the most difficult things to do in the entire field of rhinoplasty. When trying to increase projection of the nose there are many different maneuvers, including suturing techniques of the tip cartilages and cartilage grafts, struts and different grafting techniques. One of the pitfalls that can occur in trying to achieve too much projection is over-rotation, whereby the nose points upward, not outwards. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will explain this to his or her patients. It is important to have realistic goals and expectations prior to undergoing an elective cosmetic rhinoplasty.  

Increasing nasal tip projection

+1

An experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon can control the height or projection of the nasal tip. This is done by either modifying the tip cartilage, using your own septal cartilage as a graft or strut, or doing both. The goal is a natural harmonious appearing nose. Look at the doctors photos and comments from his patients.

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Increasing Nasal Tip Projection

+1

Tip projection can be increased by repositioning the tip cartilages or placing  cartilage grafts. The results will not look "atrificial" if done by an experienced surgeon.

Increasing nasal tip projection

+1

It is entirely possible to lengthen your nose in the tip region to create a narrowing effect as well as elongating your nostrils. Sometimes this can be done by advancing the cartilages of the tip of your nose and sometimes it may require cartilage grafting to achieve that effect depending upon the decision of you and your rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope that information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing Nasa Ip Projection

+1
The projection of the tip of the nose (its height if you will from the planne of the face) depends on each person's anatomy and should be approached with regard to the other structures of the nose. It makes no sense to take a slightly depressed or nonprojecting nose tip and convert it into an overly projecting Pinocchio carrot nose. In many cases depending on the desired length of the nose, its symmetry, its airway quality etc, the tip is shaped / refined and then the unified tip is elevated either with stitches to the cartilaginous septum or by use of a cartilage graft to the desired height. The operation need not result in an artificially looking nose. Discuss your wishes with your surgeon. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

Yes the nasal tip can be projected in a natural way.

+1

This is frequently done in noses like yours that have inadequate tip projection. It can be done in a natural way if you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who knows how to do this. Look at his photos and if they don't look good to you go to another surgeon.

Nasal tip projection

+1

It is very possible to improve nasal tip projection in what siound like a rounded blunted nasal tip.  This can be done as an outpatient procedure.