Increasing Lobe Thickness?

I have stretched ear piercings, but my lobes have thinned out a lot as a result. Is there a way to have their thickness increased permanently? Injecting liposuction fat, etc.?

Injectable Fillers

+1
Earlobes can be effectively rejuvenated with fillers. It is quite safe and effective. Fat is unlikely to work well due to the small space and large particle size.   Good luck.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Quick, easy and safe earlobe thickening!

+1

I have had numerous women come to me for thickening of the lobes. Fillers such as Juvederm have worked extremely well to fill the earlobe.  It is a simple lunchtime procedure with immediate results which last quite a while.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Increasing lobe thickness

+1

What a great question and interesting problem. By taking the tension and or weight off the ear lobes with the repair they should stop stretching. If you have a lot of excess lobule this can be used as filler instesd of discarding it if the lobe os being made smaller. Fat injection also sounds like a great option. It certainly cant hurt although the area is so small that it is hard to keep the fat in the lobule when it is injected.The other injectibles like juvederm should also work.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Increasing Lobe Thickness?

+1

This is a great question. As Dr. Lee mentioned, during repair of your stretched piercings, the size of the lobe can be reduced. As an alternative, filler such as Juvederm can be injected to plump the earlobes. This won't do anything to reduce the size of your piercing, however. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Stretching

+1

If the earlobes have stretched out and thinned, repairing the stretched out piercings will help improve their thickness and lend support to the piercings.  This is a very common procedure.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD