How Soon Can I Increase the Frequency of my Retin-A Micro Gel Applications?

I have been using Retin-a Micro gel 0.04% every other night for two weeks, and have not noticed any negative side effects (such as redness, peeling, etc.). I would like to build up to nightly use. How much longer should I apply every other night before I attempt to start using nightly? I have read many recommendations to "increase frequency of use slowly over time" but how long should one remain at a certain frequency before moving to the next step? Thank you!

Retin A frequency

+1

I generally recommend using retin-A type products every other day for 2-3 weeks, and if well tolerated, you can move to nightly therapy for even better results. At some point, you will become irritated (e.g. red, dry, slightly itchy), and this may occur in the winter or when air is dry - in this case, stop the cream for a few days, moisturize, use a mild cleanser (not soap) and then restart. Your treatment plan is best supervised by your dermatologist.  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon