What Can I Do to Increase Fat Survival in a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to increase the chance of fat survival. Maybe take some vitamins to encourage colagen production? Or maybe I can do something to increase blood flow to the new fat transferred? My doctor said he has ~80% fat survival rate but I know that everyone is different and I would like to maximize my results. Thank you

Maximizing Fat retention in Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Great question, there are many things that you can do. First, I would recommend not sitting for 7 days, either lie flat or stand. After the first 7 days would recommend sitting on a round/donut pillow for the next 5 weeks, I also recommend at 4 weeks starting an exercise routine such as lunges/squats that will increase blood supply to that area. Following these directions and maintaining your current weight will allow you to maximize your results.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

What Can I Do to Increase Fat Survival in a Brazilian Butt Lift? #brazilian butt lift #aftercare

+1
Thank you for your question!  The key instructions for patient's to increase the fat survival after a Brazilian butt lift include the following:

#1 Keep well hydrated- Staying well-hydrated helps with postoperative nausea and vomiting as well as good perfusion of blood to the buttock region.  This is very important as the transplanted fat cells the patient on acquiring a blood supply to live. 

#2 Place minimal pressure on the buttock postoperatively for as long as possible.  This means absolutely no sitting for at least  2-3 weeks after surgery.  This will help to assure that the fat cells are not going to be damaged nor stripped of their potential life support by acquiring  the blood supply to live.  When you do begin to sit, it's imperative to have a round donut pillow to sit on to take the weight off the buttocks and displaces the weight onto the thighs. 

#3 Gentle exercise, for example walking, may encourage improved circulation.  I would begin this around the one month point.  Further more aggressive exercise may be attempted around the 3 month point.

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon