Can Incorrect Direction and Firm Massage After Face Sculptra Cause Uneven and Undesired Redistribution of the Sculptra?

Massaging after Sculptra

Thank you for your question. It is recommended to massage the area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days.  I would recommend going back to your injector to assess the area. I hope this helps.

Sculptra

It is better to massage the areas than not.  Massaging the areas will allow for smoother distribution of the Sculptra.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Massaging The Face After Sculptra

It is unlikely that massaging the area Sculptra was injected to would cause any problems. In fact, it is sometimes recommended to provide a smoother product distribution. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Quality of massage after Sculptra

I do not believe that the firmness or direction of your massage would have any effect on the final appearance of your Sculptra treatments.  The massage does not move the Sculptra into a different place.  Rather, it just distributes it more evenly throughout the space that it was injected. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon