Can Incorrect Direction and Firm Massage After Face Sculptra Cause Uneven and Undesired Redistribution of the Sculptra?

Massaging after Sculptra

+1

Thank you for your question. It is recommended to massage the area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days.  I would recommend going back to your injector to assess the area. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sculptra

+1

It is better to massage the areas than not.  Massaging the areas will allow for smoother distribution of the Sculptra.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Massaging The Face After Sculptra

+1

It is unlikely that massaging the area Sculptra was injected to would cause any problems. In fact, it is sometimes recommended to provide a smoother product distribution. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Quality of massage after Sculptra

+1

I do not believe that the firmness or direction of your massage would have any effect on the final appearance of your Sculptra treatments.  The massage does not move the Sculptra into a different place.  Rather, it just distributes it more evenly throughout the space that it was injected. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon