What is the Best Way, Including Surgeries, to Get Rid of the Appearance of Hollow Eyes?

I've tried juvederm injections but they only lasted 3 months. At $600 a vial it is too expensive to continuously have done. Would a facelift correct? If so what kind of facelift? I hate looking tired all of the time. Thanks for any suggestions.

Getting rid of hollow eyes

+1

A facelift will not help get rid of the appearance of hollow eyes. Without any photographs it is impossible to tell how hollow your eyes are, whether or not you have had previous eyelid surgery before and are trying to restore volume into the hollow eyes.  

Treating hollow eyes

+1

In my experience, Juvederm works very well for a 1 to 2 year correction of the area you describe. Your next best choice would be mid-face lift (cheeklift) procedure. It is true that a facelift improves this area, especially when combined with a cheeklift and/or blepharoplasty. Your best bet is to see aboard certified plastic surgeon who can take a look at you and your facial structure and make recommendations based on his or her examination.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Hollow eyes and their treatment.

+1

Fillers can be used, but are not permanent. Soft tissue grafts can be used, as well as silicone implants. Some patients can have this corrected by doing a cheeklift alone. See an experienced facelift surgeon and let him tell you the pros and CONS of each method.

Tired Eyes, Best Way to Get Rid of Lower Eye Lid Hollows

+1

Hi,

Juvederm in the lower eye lid hollows should last at least a year, and many times much longer.  The treatment needs to be performed properly with complete correction.  Sculptra may work well, and fat is the most permanent treatment.  Facelift will not help your eyes.  See the web reference below.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Hollow eyes

+1

Fillers around the eyes for hollowness are usually the simplest remedy. Sometimes fat can be injected or even redraped to camouflage the area.

Surgical treatment of hollow eyes

+1

It sounds like you wore satisfied with the results but not happy with how long they lasted. Therefore the answer is definitely a filler. The question is which filler. You could choose a longer lasting filler but you have to be careful who you choose to place the longer lasting filler. The juvederm doctor may be great with juvederm but not so great with another type of filler. Alternatively you could have free fat grafts taken from elsewhere on the body and placed to fill the hollow. Some doctors will just inject that fat and can get could results. I prefer to place a small sheet of fat via a surgical incision because that allows me more control as to the depth layer where the fat goes and has less risk of forming lumps. The best thing about fat is whatever amount of fat is left after a month or 2 should be there forever.

Aaron Stone, MD