Where is the Incison Made for Submental Liposuction?

Is there a visible scar? I also wonder how soon the scar can successfully be covered with makeup after the procedure?

Hidden Scars used for neck and submental liposuction

+1

Incisions sites for liposuction are typically very small and made in stealth areas - that is hidden as much as possible. For example for the upper neck I usually make the incisions in the submental, beneath the chin, crease and often times behind the ear lobe.                     For liposuction in other areas of the body I often pick  inside the belly button, umbilicus, to approach the upper and lower abdomen, just at the pubic hair line for the lower tummy and pubis area, in the groin crease for the inside of the thighs (medial thighs), at the gluteal, buttock, crease for the lower back, in the breast crease for the fat beneath your arm (lateral chest wall), in the crease below your chin for liposuction of the neck. I also like to place them at the edge of a tattoo or in an existing scar (for example C-Section or appendectomy, or mole removal scar) so that they are hidden.

Scarless neck liposuction?

+1

The incisions for neck liposuction are tiny.  I always liposuction the neck using these three incisions. One in the crease in the chin, one behind the right earlobe and one behind the left earlobe.  These tiny incision do not together equal 3/8 of an inch!   

Having these ever so small entries allow comprehensive and total control of the neck for liposuction.   There are areas of fat that are not adqequately removed via the midchin/neck incision.  The overlapping sweeps of the neck from cannulas placed behind the earlobes allow for smooth control of the fatty neck.  

The cannulas used for fat removal are very small---2-2.5 mm( about 3/32 of an inch!).  Often no suturing of the three "stab" incisions is necessary.

As for covering the "scars" , the only area that patients may see only if they are looking for it is the incision below the chin which is camoflagued by the normal neck fold.   Nobody looks behind the earlobe----Ever look at the earring hole in the back of the ear?   Same place!

So, neck liposuction is a marvelous procedure.  

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Submental liposuction

+1

The incision under the chin is made in the normal anatomic crease.  The submental crease hides the tiny incision to perform the liposuction under local anesthesia.

The majority of patients heal very well with the submental approach to remove unwanted fatty deposits.  Make-up to initially hide and blend the site is often useful in the first postop week. Ultimately the incision fades within the normal skin crease.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Your submental liposuction incision should heal inconspicuously under your chin.

+1

The majority of neck liposuction cases require a single, small incision on the bottom of your chin. Occasionally I will use additional incisions behind your ear lobe if you have excessive neck fat that would benefit from several approaches. These incisions require a single stitch, and heal inconspicuously. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incisions for Chin (submental) Liposuction

+1

To reduce the likelihood of waviness and irregularities Liposuction is done from several directions. The under the jaw / sub-mental area is usually treated with small punctures behind each ear and one in the under the chin crease. When these punctures heal they are extremely hard to see at social distance.

Dr. Aldea

There are no visible scars for liposuction of the neck/jawline.

+1

The tiny 2 mm canula is inserted through a needle stick so there are no visible scars for neck/jawline liposuction and runs around $2500 under local anesthesia and you are back to work in 1 day.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Submental Liposuction Scars

+1

The incisions are very small, less that 5 mm each and are placed in usually 3 areas.

One incision is place just behind the chin, usually in a small crease and the other two are placed just behind the ear lobe.

The incisions heal very well and over time are essentially undetectable.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Liposuction of the chin or neck is a tiny incision

+1

Liposuction of the neck and chin area is performed with a very small cannula, through a tiny incision in the skin crease just under the chin. After healing the stick mark is difficult to see.

peterejohnsonmd

Liposuction of chin and neck is scarless.

+1

Hi.

To achieve a smooth contour, we do submental liposuction from several directions,through three needle sticks.  One stick is under the chin and there is one behind each earlobe.  There are no detectable scars.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Scar after submental liposuction.

+1

This is a tiny scar in the crease below the chin and will not show when done properly. See an experienced liposuction surgeon.