Where Are Incisions Placed for Knee Liposuction?

Is there a reason to make incisions on the distal medial knee and posterior leg, both areas are muscular and without excess fat?

+1

Usually I make one incision on the inside bottom portion of the knee. You can remove all of the fat through this one incision.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Knee lipo incision sites

+1

Typically I make a tiny incision on the inside portion of the knee crease for knee liposuction. This also usually allows access to other nearby regions such as portions of the posterior leg.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Knee Incisions for Liposuction

+1

The only knee areas responsive to liposuction are the medial bumps or knock knee defects.   The incisions depend on the nature of the anatomy and are customized for eack patient.   Generally an anterior and posterior approach with tin 2 mm needle stick incisions are used.  Posterior I make the incision in the mid posterior zone and anterior in the mid anterior zone.  This works great and incisions require one  tiny stitch  The basically quickly disappear for all practical purposes.  My best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Knee liposcution incisions

+1

I usually plae incisions for knee liposuction either jsut behind the knee or sometimes above the knee depending upon what needs to be treated.

Inner Knee Ljposuction Incisions

+1

Liposuction of the inner knee can produce some very good and visible results. Areas above or below the knee (patella) are not usually productive and effective areas for liposuction. The small incision for inner knee liposuction is placed behind the knee in a skin crease.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Knee liposuction incisions

+1

I place my incisions inline and usually above the area of concern on the knee.  You usually need an incision on each side to do the procedure.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

+1

The area around the knee anatomically has little fat, and the incisions, wherever made, will be made in an area of little fat.  Knee liposuction in general produces less than fantastic results.  The entire area has very little fat.  Typically, if that area has enough fat to liposuction, there are other areas in need on the legs.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA