How Many Incisions Would I Need for Brazil Butt Lift with Lipo to Abdomen, Flanks, and Thighs?

I am getting a brazil butt lift. I would like to get lipo to my full abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs. How many incisions would I need?

Brazilian Butt Lift Incisions

+2

+1  

The number of incisions needed for Brazilian Butt Lift  depends on the amount of fat available, its location, the size increase you desire for your buttocks, and the particular preference of your surgeon.
Over the years the number of incision sites require to harvest fat for a Brazilian Butt lift has decreased without compromise of results. There is no absolute number of incisions that need to be made - just enough to give the best result which will vary from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon.  Incisions sites for liposuction are typically very small and made in stealth areas - that is hidden as much as possible. For example inside the belly button, umbilicus, to approach the upper and lower abdomen, just at the pubic hair line for the lower tummy and pubis area, in the groin crease for the inside of the thighs (medial thighs), at the gluteal, buttock, crease for the lower back, in the breast crease for the fat beneath your arm (lateral chest wall), in the crease below your chin for liposuction of the neck. I also like to place them at the edge of a tattoo or in an existing scar (for example C-Section or appendectomy, or mole removal scar) so that they are hidden, or use the open area from an additional surgery I may be doing. For example, during a tummy tuck incisions are made to do liposuction in the area of redundant skin to be removed so that there are no extra scars. I personally do not make incisions but use a needle to make the opening in the skin where special cannulas inject fat completing the Brazilian Butt lift

Brazilian butt lift incisions

+2

In order to do liposuction and harvest fat for any butt shaping procedure, small incisions are strategically placed in different areas. As part of the Brazilian butt lift, I routinely perform liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, thighs (if the patient wants this area to be liposuctioned) and upper and lower back. In general, these are the amounts of incisions  I use  and their location by area:

1. Abdomen/flanks: 4 incisions located at the bikini line
2. Medial thighs (inside of the thighs): one incision on each side
3. Upper back: one incision
4. Lower back: 2-4 incisions

Remember all of them are very small incisions that measure about 4-5 mm. There is nothing to worry about. These incisions heal very well and you can barely see them. The location and amount of incisions are based on surgical judgment, surgeon’s preference, and the desired quantity of fat removal.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

How many incisions for a Brazilian butt lift?

+1

None. For the liposuction part I use a 2mm skin punch through the skin which I leave open and heals almost without a scar. To inject the fat in the buttock area, I use an 18G needle to poke through the skin and the small cannulas I use for injecting, passes through this without difficulty. These needle marks heal without a scar. Good luck on your procedure.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Incisions for brazilian buttock lift

+1

The incisions for liposuction are quite small, less than one centimeter. You would have two or three on your abdomen, and two or three on each thigh. They heal very well and are not very visible after about one year.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in this type of procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD