Incision Opened 3 Weeks After Breast Lift

I had lift on 6/14. I had implants on 3/10/10 and doctor didnt like the position the implant was in because I had lost 160lbs from weight loss surgery. I am 23 days out and under my left breast I have an opening that has a puss like substance coming from it. Here's a picture. What could it be? Do I have an infection?

Incision open 3 weeks post breast lift.

Thank you for the photo. Separation of the incision is not uncommon with breast lifts and reductions. The area is on tension, and that may effect wound healing. There may also be a spitting suture or some other issue. Please continue to be seen by your board certified plastic surgeon, and tell him/her your concerns. Together, you will be able to come up with a plan.

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

Incision Problem after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

Superficial separation of incision lines happen occasionally after breast augmentation/lifting operations. Most of the time these incisions go on to heal nicely without further intervention ( except possible suture removal).  However, infrequently, an underlying implant may be involved;  this becomes a much more serious problem.
Generally, close follow-up with the plastic surgeon involved is important to help with management of the incision line, removal of any deeper sutures that may delay healing, antibiotic coverage if necessary and evaluation of the wound  for signs of infection and/or underlying breast implant involvement.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breast lift wound opended up and is draining

IT appears that you have wound breakdown at the junction of the vertical and horizontal scars. This is extremely common and typically resolves wihtin 3 weeks with conservative wound care and removal of any protruding sutures. Your surgeon should be made aware to evaluate the underlying implant and the use of antibiotics which is controversial.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Breast lift and implants

It is hard to say what is in the photograph.  Small wound breakdowns usually heal on their own. If you have an implant and there is adequate soft tissue coverage usually this is not a problem.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Lower Wound Separation after a Breast Lift

As I understand it you lost 160 pounds after which you had a Breast Augmentation in March and three months later you had a Breast Lift. Your photograph is blurry but appears to demonstrate a chronic separation at the junction of the vertical scar and the transverse under the breast breast lift scar (in a inverted T). This area has the highest tension and as a result the poorest blood supply.

If you did not have an implant underneath I would nor be as concerned since the vast majority of these wounds proceed to heal. However, with a possible exposure of the underlying implant your surgeon should follow you closely to make sure the implant does not become exposed and infected.

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119