Why Won't an Incision on my Left Cheekbone Heal? (photo)

First a little background. Two years ago I developed a cyst on my left cheekbone. The cyst stayed for a year and a half until it got infected and began swelling. I went to see the doctor and he made an incision to drain it immediately. This was six months ago. The wound from the incision is still there, and it's quite deep. It still hasn't closed up or showed any signs of healing. I am a 23 year old, 5'8" male. I have no medical conditions, and am not on any medications. Pictures are below.

Cheek mole removal and non healing wounds

+1

Non healing wounds are often still active and may need immediate treatment.  Always seek the advice of a physician if a wound does not heal spontaneously. 

Incision wound on cheek

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your options for possible scar revision. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Incision wound on cheek

+1

It appears as though the incisional wound on your cheek has healed, although not in the most pleasing way, as there is now a depression there.  With that type of scar, I believe the best method to improve it would be to surgically excise it and trade up for a flatter scar without a depression.  This should make it less noticeable.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon