Why is my Incision Lower on the Right Breast Than the Left?

Hi, besides waiting two weeks to see how my nipple heals I've noticed that the incision on the right breast is a lot lower than the left is this normal? Is it because it is still swollen or he just totally messed my right breast up? It's been one week since I did my breast lift. There is a picture attached. Thank you!

Asymmetry after Breast lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although the inframammary fold asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the picture,  of more concern is the darker color of the left areola ( it is likely that your plastic surgeon is aware of this,  but if not make sure he/she is).

I would suggest you wait at least 6 months before evaluating the final results of surgery and contemplating any further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Asymmetry after breast lift

+1

You may have an asymmetry that may need to be revised at a later time, but it is too early to worry about this now.  You left nipple looks like its blood supply has been injured and if you and your surgeon are not at this point doing any intervention in regard to this, or if your surgeon is not aware of this marked left nipple discoloration, you need to address this right away as there is a risk of losing the nipple.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-surgery.html

Breast reduction scars

+1

These scars are one issue that may resolve with time...i am concerned about the left breast however.  Please have your surgeon assess the left breast and nipple areolar complex for a hematoma or something that is making them look a little different than the right.  I will say that sometimes photographs can be difficult to assess so this may not be a big issue.  Good luck.

Dr. V - South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

+1

OH Samantha; Forget about the location of the inferior scars/incisions for now! You have a serious issue with the left N/A complex. Please seek immediate care, like leeches, incision release, nitro paste, warm compresses. ASAP PLEASE. 

Breast Lift Incision Placement

+1

I would have to echo the other responses in concern to your left nipple, although it seems that this is an issue that you and your surgeon are already working through. As far as the left side, it is hard to tell if it is a factor of swelling or lower placement of the incision. Either way, I would wait quite a bit longer before tackling that issue as it is still very early in your postoperative period. If your incision is still low in a few months, it can be revised into a higher placement more in line with the inferior edge of your breast. Good luck to you.

Revision breast lift occasionally necessary.

+1

Hi.

I have no idea about the position of your scars.  Ask your surgeon.  I would be more concerned about the blood supply of the left nipple which looks very dusky.

If you don't like the shape or symmetry, in a few months you can have a touch up.

Asymmetry of incision following breast lift

+1

Dear Samantha Smith,

I would not be too worried about asymmetries of the incisions at this early stage.  You seem to have a nice shape to your breasts and you should let everything settle before making any long-term decisions.

I am more concerned about the look of your left nipple, I think your priority should be to see how this heals first before worrying about the scar placement.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Incision position

+1

Usually the horizontal incisions are placed in the inframmary fold.  These marks are made with the patient in the upright position prior to surgery.  It is difficult to note your photo if the incision is out of position or distorted due to swelling.  Have your surgeon evaluate your areas of concern.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Incision placement

+1

it is not infrequent that this may happen after having a breast reduction surgery. It is hard to tell the cause without seeing your preoperative photographs. Perhaps it was a discrepancy of the position of your inframammary fold, one being lower than the other. In any event, is just too soon at this time to predict if this is a permanent result, or maybe secondary to swelling after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.nyplasticsurg.com