non-incision blepharoplasty - significant swelling (photo)

I had my eyelid surgery 4 days ago and I still have a significant amount of swelling. The swelling has not subsided and it's making me nervous since I read online that a lot of the swelling goes away in a few days. I also have a lot of bruising making one eye really purple. Is it possible that I have too much fat in my eyelid to cause this slow/lack of reduction in swelling ? (Before this surgery my left eye had a very faint eyelid and was a tad droopy).. the doctor said that although it wouldnt completely make my eyes even, it would improve the look of my eyes . ..please help

That asymmetry after eyelid surgery should get better with time.

+1

There is a definite asymmetry in eyelid position in the picture. Much or all of this may be due to swelling. It resolves symmetry should be reestablished.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Swelling following blepharoplasty

+1

Swelling and bruising generally resolve in 1-3 weeks in an upper blepharoplasty. Your pictures show a normal post operative result at 4 days. Just be patient.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon