Up Inches in Stomach Area - Lipo Did Not Work on Me! Why Do Some People Not Get Results?

I had Brazilian Butt lift 8 weeks ago. Just had follow up app with ps. My after measurements are actually up! he said it was probably water in my stomach and 2 come back in a few months. By the way this surgeon is one of the best and i did my research. How come some people get amazing results while i get none? By the way i am slim if that makes any diffence 2 results. Thanks.

Liposuction Can't "Not Work"

+1

Liposuction Can't "Not Work"
Liposuction is a way of removing fat. If fat was removed, it worked. Now, that is not to say that results cannot vary, because they do. Obviously, the more fat that is removed, the more dramatic the results. And along with that, the more fat you have to be removed, the more dramatic the result. If you are thin or your doctor only removes a small amount of fat, the results can be subtle. The other variable.... some surgeons tend to remove more fat than others. Liposuction is an art. Results vary. The machine used doesn't make any difference. It is the surgeon who does the contouring, not the machine.

As far as currently being larger than before surgery..... you are still swollen.  It takes about 3 months for all of the swelling to be gone and for you to reach your final size.  The only other possibility is that you have gained weight. This would be very unusual immediately after surgery. 

The MYTH of "Lipo Did Not Work on Me! Why Do Some People Not Get Results?"

+1

Regarding: "Up Inches in Stomach Area - Lipo Did Not Work on Me! Why Do Some People Not Get Results?
I had Brazilian Butt lift 8 weeks ago. Just had follow up app with ps. My after measurements are actually up! he said it was probably water in my stomach and 2 come back in a few months. By the way this surgeon is one of the best and i did my research. How come some people get amazing results while i get none? By the way i am slim if that makes any diffence 2 results. Thanks
."

Several comments. I have done many Liposuction cases over the years and have yet to see "Some People Not Get Results". EVERYONE gets an improvement with a well done liposuction. Although the improvement is MORE visible in some people than other people.
- The larger the patient, the more the immediate improvement. You being thin, would not derive as large an immediate visible improvement.
- in the few hours after liposuction an intense inflammatory response sets in with tissue swelling which largely masks the extent of liposuction. Fluid leaves the blood vessels and accumulates in the extra-vascular space of the tissue. (For this reason, I commonly photograph the fat filled canisters AND the patient after liposuction knowing that swelling would make it hard for the patient to believe that so much fat WAS removed).
- You MUST be compliant in wearing your compression garment and decrease the intake of salt to combat swelling as well as eating fatty foods which WILL cause fat accumulation.

All that being said, it is too early for you to feel disappointed. You WILL begin to see the results once the liposuctioned areas are soft and free of swelling.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Liposuction is a bit of a waiting game.

+1

Body contouring with liposuction is usually a rewarding procedure.  There is and immediate improvement in appearance and then there is a slow improvement in appearance.  The slow improvement occurs over six months.  Continue to wear your garments and follow your surgeons instructions.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Swelling of abdomen following brazilian butt lift

+1

Swelling is very common after extensive liposuction. As long as you do not have a seroma, it is quite likely that you will achieve an improved result once the swelling has resolved.

Changes after liposuction take TIME

+1

It's only been a couple of months since your liposuction.  If you have increased in size, there are really only a couple of explanations: fluid retention or weight gain.  Watch the amount of sodium in your diet--keep in mind that sodium hides in things like soups, fried foods, prepackaged meals, etc.  Cut back on the sodium, increase your water intake, and see what happens. Exercise can't hurt, either.

Do you see a difference in your butt after your Brazilian Butt lift?  If so, then you know that fat was removed from somewhere for it to be seen now in your butt.

Make these small changes, and give it time.

Carmen Kavali, MD