How Many Inches Will my Waist Decrease After Having a TT, MR and Lipo to the Waist? (photo)

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck, muscle repair, and lipo to my waist. How many inches can I expect my waist to shrink after the procedure?

Tummy tuck

+2

It's impossible to know ahead of time how many inches you may lose from your waistline, and I would never attempt to predict this for a patient.  However, you are an excellent candidate for the procedure and you can expect substantial improvement in your body contour.

Change in Waist measurement after tummy tuck

+2

It is difficult to say exactly how many inches will be lost from your waist with tummy tuck. It will depend on how much fat is internal around your abdominal organs, how stretched out the abdominal wall is  (have you had pregnancies?) and how thick the fat layer is under the skin. Sometimes doing the muscle repair actually pushes your intestines higher into the waist area from the lower abdomen.  You will probably lose a few inches.  The most important thing is you will have a flatter abdomen without loose skin hanging. Also your clothes will   fit much nicer. 

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - abdominoplasty results

+2

You can estimate that for yourself by placing a tape measure around yourself at belly button level. Then grab the hanging abdominal skin fold, lift it upward and measure the circumference just below the raised fold. The difference between the 2 measurements should give you an estimate of the inches to be lost. From your posted photos it should be more than a few inches. From your side view it appears the abdominoplasty will have to be extended towards/onto the back.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Hello

+2

It is hard to tell you how many inches you will loose with a tummy tuck. We can say that you will loose a few pants sizes.  You will be happy with results. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

How Many Inches Will my Waist Decrease After Having a TT, MR and Lipo to the Waist?

+1

The posted photos demonstrate the need for either weight loss or surgery to decrease the waist size, or both. To be exact as to # of inches is very hard over the internet. I would guess 4 inches or more but only a guess. Follow up after your surgery would be nice.