How Many Inches Are Lost Around the Waist After Body Lift?

I am 28 years old 5'8'', my peak weight was during pregnancy 450lbs, pre-pregnancy was 375.

Ten days before body lift surgery, I am 5'8'' 195-205lbs and have maintained this weight for nearly 3 years. My waist, if you can even call it that, currently measures 46''

My mid section is very large with no definition of hips and a flabby back. The surgeon says he will also liposuction by back during the procedure and I will have "lovely results".

How many inches will be lost during this procedure?

(P.S. I'm too embarrassed to post a photo)

Inches And LBL

+1

Its really difficult to  answer this question without a formal physical exam.  As you are likley aware, a LBL procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Body lift for contours

+1

Incision length is only what is necessary to get the areas contoured correctly. Body lift success is measured in achieving the appropriate contouring not inches. Speak with you plastic surgeon regarding specifics of your case.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

How Many Inches Are Lost Around the Waist After Body Lift

+1

Depending on your size before the surgery you will lose, on average, six to ten inches and six to twelve pounds from the removal of skin and fat with a bodylift.  Usually, patients who have lost over 100lbs have less fat in the skin area to be removed so that a specimen will weigh in the three to four pounds from the front and about the same from the back. While the surgeon does the front portion of the procedure he will also tighten your muscles which will also serve to narrow you waist. I usually tell my patients that they will look like they have lost 30-40lbs but when they stand on the scale they will find only a six to twelve pound weight loss.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Inches lost after body lift

+1

I never measured the inches lost from a body lift. I am more concerned with the overall contour than anything else.

Body lift

+1

It is not possible to know how many  inches you will loss.  The point is to removed the excess of skin and contour  your body.   In this procedures Liposuction and skin removal are done and the excess of the skin will be removed  to fit your body contour

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift

+1

There is no way to determine how many inches will be removed.  That depends on ow much your plastic surgeon liposuctions.  However most of my patients experience going down aout 2 dress sizes after a body lift surgery.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Body Lift Expectations

+1

There is no way to say exactly how many inches or how much weight exactly will be lost after your body lift surgery. It is important that you have realistic expectations going into the procedure. Liposuction can remove some excess fat, but for this procedure is primarily used to help contour the body for natural looking results. The amount of skin removed depends on the amount of excess skin you have. I agree with the other doctors who have commented. You should not focus on the inches or pounds, you should look forward to the removal of the excess skin and the more flattering contours that your surgeon will help you create.

Tarick K. Smaili, MD

Lower body lift

+1

Your ideal weight is 160-175.

Your waist 46, Is probably due to many factors, fat aound the abdomen, flanks and back, but most importantly the fat inside your belly.

One can liposuction all areas except the fat inside your belly, and that will determine your waist measurement. May be liposuction first to multiple areas, with medial thigh lift then an abdominoplasty and cicumferential lift. That may give you the best result

Lower Body Lift is a Body Contour operation...

+1

Hi there-

You should reasonably expect for your shape and appearance to improve after your lower body lift.

It is NOT possible, however, to know how much weight or how many inches you may lose.

Be sure your expectations are realistic, and trust your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Number of inches lost with body lift

+1

There is no way to predict yoru final inches. There is no formula. However, Iwould not focus on this. You should be very pleased with the results if you have realistic expectations.