Can Scar Revision Flatten Indented Scar?

i have a one inch indented scar on my face. can scar revision flatten it out?

Treatment options for indented scar

+2

The easiest thing to do would be using a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm (shorter acting) or Sculptra or Radiesse (longer lasting) or Artefill (permanent filler).   Another option would be fat transfer (taking fat from one part of the body such as abdomen or hips/thighs and transferring to the indentation.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

It possibly could help.

+1

Depending on location and size, a scar revision surgery could potentially help flatten out your indentation.   The trade off is that you would have another scar there.  Only you can be the judge if a regular scar is better appearing than an indented scar.  Also depending on the location on your face, that can affect the final outcome. 

Other options for indented scars include using fillers to give them volume. 

I'd be happy to check it out, if you don't mind driving the hour or so down to Frisco from Paris. 

Brent Spencer, MD
Frisco Dermatologic Surgeon