In your professional opinion, what would be the best option for breast augmentation? (Photos)

I have little to no breast tissue (34a\b) I would not like to go too large but have struggled with the size if my breast all of my teenage and adult life. I'm 25 yrs old 135lb. Thank you for your time!

Breast Implant Options

+1
There are many considerations with breast implants, including size of the implant (you would need to decide what cup size you would like to be), silicone or saline, and type of incision.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you make these decisions.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Sub-muscular breast augmentation with textured silicone gel implants best for you

+1
Thank you for your question.  As you can see opinion is very regarding the best option for breast augmentation.
Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast implant surgery,and who has an excellent reputation in your community.
A good thing is that you have small breasts without sagging or other abnormality.  This means that you should be able to have a nice breast augmentation result using the best most tried techniques.

Currently most women choose silicone gel breast implants and most commonly a moderate plus gel implant.

Recent research indicates that a textured implant provides additional protection against capsular contraction or firmness of the breast which is a serious potential complication.

Most plastic surgeons avoid saline implants because of the possibility of visible rippling.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

+1
I would think a high profile silicone filled implant would be the best fit for your frame based on the photo. I would recommend that you consult with a plastic surgeon and let him or her size you. That way you can get a professional opinion on implant type and you can choose a size that fits your frame.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Implant Choices

+1
Smooth silicone gel is a popular implant, especially for thin women.  The saline implants can ripple, causing a palpable or even a visible appearance that is not flattering.  The new shaped silicone implants are textured and can also cause contour problems in thin women.  Good luck!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Is a transaxillary augmentation right for you

+1
Opinions will vary, and only a complete consultation will do, however we would consider a transaxillary augmenation with a saline submuscular implant. Our reasoning is your scar will not be hidden in any other location given the lack of fold, and very small areola. The submuscular saline will fit through a very small axillary incision, your capsule risk will be quite low, and given your young age the saline will be easily replaced and is just fine for a "not too large" augmentation. Go for several consults.

Silicone gel implants are a better aesthetic choice in thin patients.

+1
I would suggest you strongly consider a silicone gel implant. It can be placed either above or below the muscle in your particular situation with anticipated good results. I would caution you against using texturized implants is the incidence of rippling is considerably higher than in smooth implants.

BBA

+1
Based just on your photos, you would likely benefit from round silicone implants under the muscle.  You should see a BC PS in your area to discuss all your options.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

A Shaped, Form Stable Breast Implant Could be Best for You

+1

There is no way to determine just with photos exactly what size would be best for you.  However, based on your photos it is very likely that you would be an ideal candidate for a shaped, form stable implant.  The ideal candidates for these implants:

1.       A cup (and up to small B cup) breasts preop

2.       Most of the augmented breast volume will be the implant

3.       Very thin layer of subcutaneous fat so implant contours have the potential to be easily visible postop

4.       Inframammary fold MUST be lowered to center the implants on the nipple-areola complexes

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I would suggest something in the 300-330 range for woman like you and have had very consistant and happy results 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Augmentation options

+1
I can understand your concerns. You have a lot of options regarding choice of implant. You would probably do very well with the anatomically shaped Natrelle 410 highly cohesive gel implant. This would give you a very naturally shaped, but not "large" breast. Other options would include a moderate plus profile implant. i would worry that a high profile implant would look overly round. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD