In Your Honest Opinion, Would a Rhinoplasty Improve my Facial Balance? (photo)

Im 16, and I'm wondering If a rhinoplasty would help me. I feel like my face isn't as balanced as it could be. I broke my nose once in my life but before I broke it I liked the curve in nose, is it possible to get it back with a rhinoplasty? Could a doctor just shave down the bump a little without making any other changes or would more changes need to made to make it look balanced? Also would i benefit from a chin implant at all? I want to look natural as possible. Thankyou

Nose and chin?

+1

Based solely on your photos, I would say that your nose looks fine from the profile.  Other views may help in terms of width,etc.  Your chin does not look significantly weak where I felt you must have an implant.

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to tell from the photos but your nose does not appear to have a much of a dorsal hump.  If you do choose to undergo a rhinoplasty a small chin implant may be helpful to improve your overall symmetry.  I would wait until you are a little older to do anything.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and chin implant would improve facial balance.

+1

Yes, a rhinoplasty and chin implant will improve your facial balance IF you choose your surgeon wisely. Make sure he ddoes natural noses so you do not end up with a overdone nose. 

Leave your nose alone unless....

+1

Hi,

Based on the 3 pictures you posted I would tell you to leave your nose alone.  I have not seen your frontal view or a base view or even a very precise profile view because the camera angle is too low for these profile pictures but at least based on these pictures Id tell you to leave the nose alone.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon