In Your Experience, Which Breast Implants Have a Higher Complication Rate?

Hello: I'm considering having a breast augmentation and there is ALOT of information out there, I would like to have some feed back from the "experts". I'm wondering, in your experience, which breast implants have a higher complication rate? And secondly, in your experience, which implants have you known to last longer? I know a women who has had her saline implants for 19 years! This is quite uncommon and she likely got lucky, yes? Thank you!

The majority of complications related to implant surgery are unrelated to the implants

Hi there-

Because implants represent foreign bodies, there is no doubt that complications can occur, but in the vast majority of cases (in the US), the complications were unrelated to the implant itself.

In other words, you should not allow yourself to believe that you can somehow lower you risk by insisting on a particular implant, as all implants used in the US are very similar in quality.