In Your Experience at What Month or Week Does Scar Tissue in Supratip Form, Which Leads to Pollybeak?

My doctor says it usually starts forming in the first two months. Can someone pls give a month they usually see it start forming. I am really worried about this happening to me as I am 10 weeks post op with thick skin and worried this may happen to me.

Nose looks good 10 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

From the solitary photograph I don't see a significant problem. Score deposition begins immediately after the operation. Follow the advice of your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty scarring and swelling

+1

Dear Swollen: The Pollybeak deformity results when there is disharmony between the nasal bones and the cartilage of the septum. Most commonly this results when the height of the nasal bones have been reduced without sufficiently reducing the cartilage of the septum and if needed, the upper lateral cartilages. This causes the bony dorsum to be out of balance with the lower 2/3 of the nose.

Scar tissue can always play a role in rhinoplasty surgery, but not often cause a pollybeak. Fortunately, there are things your surgeon can do during the healing process such as targeted steroid injections if needed to help improve your outcome.

Your profile looks great, I hope you enjoy your results.  

Best- Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Supratip deformity

+1

You show no evidence of a supratip deformity or a polly beak deformity.  I would not be overly concerned about this problem as it is a rare occurrence after a rhinoplasty.

Pollybeak

+1

A pollybeak will occur most commonly from under-resection of the nasal dorsal cartilage.  It is not as common from scar tissue.

Does Scar Tissue in Supratip Form, Which Leads to Pollybeak?

+1

I'm glad you're happy with your nose. The profile photo looks great. In my experience, polybeak deformities usually result when a rhinoplasty is performed and the cartilage is not sufficiently reduced. As the swelling in the tip and bridge resolves, you're left with a bump above the tip which results from the residual cartilage that was not removed. Your profile looks good today. You should continue to follow-up with your rhinoplasty surgeon and see them sooner if something concerning begins to develop. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose looks good

+1

Pollybeak deformity is typically due to either 1) inadequate resection of the cartilagenous dorsum in the middle third/lower half of the nose or 2) formation of excess scar tissue in the same area. 

At 10 weeks post op you would probably see this already. Pictures don't always tell the whole story but your nose looks good and you are happy with it. Follow your surgeons post-op plan and go enjoy your nose!

Joshua Rosenberg, MD