What is in a Vitalize Peel and What Do You Recommend It For?

I only recently heard about this kind of peel and it doesn't seem very common; any reason for that?

Vitalize Peel great for Acne and Hyperpigmentation

+1

A Vitalize Peel is a superficial peel that I find is great for patients with acne, acne with hyperpigmentation or mild scarring left behind from previous acne, and general hyperpigmentation from either sun damage, previous inflammation, or melasma.  The best thing about this peel is that it can be safely used in experienced hands on all skin types.  The peel is applied in 3 steps.  The first step is a prepping solution which is alcohol/acetone based which is similar to most peels.  The second step is the peeling solution which contains Salicyclic Acid, Resorcinol and Lactic Acid.  The final step is a layer of Retinol.  The strength of the peel can be altered by additional coats of step 2, so it is best to see a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if this peel is right for you.

The reason this peel may not be that common is that is it a "branded" peel and these tend to be more expensive to the physician.  We continue to perform it because I love the results and so do our patients. It is the most popular peel with our staff (they are always asking me to treat them with it) and I have frequently done it on myself to brighten up my skin.  Best of luck!

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Very good mild peel

+1

Vitalize peel is a combination of Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Resorcinol and Retinoic Acid.
This peel is recommended for patients with mild to moderate sun-damage, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scarring, and melasma. Patients experience mild peeling approximately two days after the procedure that lasts about two to three days. For the best results we always recommend three to six Vitalize peels, every three to four weeks.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Vitalize peel

+1
Vitalize peels contains a blend of alpha-hydroxy acids, beta-hydroxy acids, resorcinol and retinoic acid. It helps to improve the skin's overall appearance, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, tightens pores, improves skin texture, and minimize acne scarring as well. It's very effective for sun damage, freckles, melasma and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. 
It is a superficial peel suitable for all skin tones and complexions

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon