I Was Suppose to Go From A Cup to B/C Cup, I'm Now a D Cup, How Did They Get so Big?

I'm 1 month post op of a B.A.I have 410 Cohesive Gel by Natrelle in moderate height/moderate projection. Sz 280grams.I was told this would give me about a cup and half. I was a 32A. I'm 5'2/116lbs.I am now aFULL 32D! Why are they so big? I was told this was a small implant? I tried to be so careful about evrythng. I am considering explanting. What to do? I am low on money now. I feel trapped/worse than I did prior to surgery. I am profoundly disappointed/embarrassed by the result.

I had breast augmentation a month ago and I find my breasts to be too big.

+1
The breast size is something that is always discussed with the patients at length before surgery. They usually wear an implant in their bra to see if that is the size they want. I usually do measurement of the breasts' base diameter. We also consider the patients' size, weight, hight and the tissue characteristics. Then I give them a range of sizes that I think would be appropriate for them. Within that range they can chose the size they want. Sometime a larger size is necessary to give the breast a nicer shape. If your breasts are symmetric and proportionate to your body. If they have a nice shape, don't worry about the size. Give it some time to adjust to the new body image. After six months to a year, if you still can't live with the size, it is easy to go smaller.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

A to D cup after Breast Implants

+1

Based on your body description, the 280cc implant seem like a good choice to go from an A to full B or small C cup. However, each bra manufacturer is somewhat different and there is no way of predicting final bra size. At 1 month after surgery, it is common to feel that the implants are too big. Don't consider having them removed just yet. Give it a few more months and most likely, you will be happy with the result.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1
FIrst, give your body and your mind time to adjust to the surgery. You still have residual swelling and the size may decrease. Also remember that a 32D is the equivalent of a 34C. Don't obsess about the bra size. If you are still uncomfortable or upset by six months postop, then definitely discuss this with your plastic surgeon but don't rush into anything.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implants too large

+1

This is a matter to be resolved with your surgeon.  More important than your cup size is how your new breasts fit into your overall appearance with and without clothing.  Are the breasts proportionate with your body?  Even if you believe they're too large, my advice is to allow further healing, and forget you have implants for a while.  Get bras that fit, and clothing that help you feel beautiful.  Make believe the breasts are yours, and you've always been that size.   Many women have breasts larger than they want.  Live with them for a while.  If you really feel after a year or longer that you cannot continue with those prostheses, discuss possibilities with your surgeon, either replacement or removal.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Augmentation and Size

+1

It is almost impossible to say that a 280cc implant will increase your cup size 1 1/2 cup sizes. Personally, I never use the size of the implant to predict final cup size. Instead, I have the patient try the implants on and also use 3D imaging for simulation of the results.  There is probably some swelling, and the implants still need to relax into position, so in time, the size may not look so big.  You have to at least understand that it is possible that this is what the result is. If you still feel like the sixe is too big, you will need to talk to your surgeon about revisional surgery and implant exchange.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Augmentation and Size

+1

Your experience confirms my strong feeling that there is no correlation between size of implant and final breast cup size. For example, I have had patients starting at a "A"  cup,  have 275 mL implants placed,  and swear that they only fit in "D"  cup bras.

Please understand that you are only one month out of surgery and that often it takes 3 to 6 months before patients adapt to the new body image. It would not be unusual if you are very pleased with the results of the surgery several months from now.  Hopefully,  you will not base your satisfaction with the operation on the resulting cup size only.

I would suggest that you be as patient as possible and follow up with your plastic surgeon regularly.

How big is 280 grams

+1

Your surgeons prediction is just about right, and for your size you probably will fill a 34-C cup just fine. The 280 gram implant is just about one and a half cups. When you size a 32 bra, the relative cup size may be a D rather than a C, though the volume of the breast is the same. Give yourself time to adjust to the new you.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast augmentation and size

+1

At one month, you still may have al ot of swelling. I would give it a few more months, they may get a bit smaller.  If you are still unhappy, then talk to your surgeon.