I am in the process of losing 20-25 pounds and considering sculptural. Should I wait until I lose weight?

Sculpra and Weight Loss

+1
I would recommend you lose the weight prior to undergoing treatment. You may lose fat in the face, therefore the contours will change.  Once you reach a stable weight, you may begin treatment.  Sculptra is an excellent product which will stimulate collagen and thicken the dermis.  I wish you the best with your weight loss.
Thank you.

Sculptra and weight loss

+1
If you currently need volume in your face then I would go ahead and get Sculptra injected now.  Be prepared that as you lose weight you may lose more volume and need more vials injected.  It is not a static process and as you lose more volume in your face you may need additional replacement.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetic dermatology and injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Best Time to Have Sculptra Injections

+1
Hi Christine,

It has been said that, "At a certain point of every woman's life she must choose between her face or her fanny!!"  As you lose weight, you lose volume in your face which in turn is aging.  Sculptra works over time, weeks to months, and the amount of volume that Sculptra gives you is directly related to how many injection sessions you have.  I would begin now and inject Sculptra in the areas of your face that already are volume depleted with the goal of creating a heart shaped face of youth.  So, what are you waiting for?  Do choose your injecting physician carefully based on their artistic vision, skill, and experience.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sculptra Question

+1
Without pictures or an exam, it is difficult to give you sound advice. In general, Sculptra is a long acting filler that is used in the areas of the cheekbones, temples, and marionette lines.
If you presently have an indication or need for the filler, you will certainly benefit while you continue to lose weight. You may need more Sculptra in the future as most patients need more than one treatment.
Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon