Hi. In the past few years iv noticed that one of my eyes opens larger than the other?

One eye opens clearly more than the other. Why is this happening? can anything be done to correct this? as its making me very insecure. Im 32 and have been wearing glasses since I was 11, so I could do without this extra trouble with my eyes. My friends have noticed the change in them and its clearly noticeable in photos. Please help

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

The 2 sides of our face are not equal and asymmetry is the rule not the exception. However, without a photo I can not comment, but you may have developed a droopy eyelid or ptosis. You should be examined by a eyelid specialist to determine the cause of this problem. The medical condition could be mechanical or you could have a problem requiring a workup.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.