In Texas, can my plastic surgeon withhold releasing my file to me?

I need to bring that file to a different surgeon to discuss revision rhinoplasty. My previous surgeon wants to talk with me first before handing over the file. I don't wish to speak with him. The new surgeon's office has already sent a request to release the record. Can't I legally just walk in, ask for my file and walk out?

Medical records

+2

medical records belong to you, you are entitled to copy of the complete medical records, including pictures taken, they are part of the medical records. This is the law. Write a nice formal letter to your surgeon requesting the medical records in total. Otherwise report him/her to the board of physicians in your state.