In Texas, can my plastic surgeon withhold releasing my file to me?

I need to bring that file to a different surgeon to discuss revision rhinoplasty. My previous surgeon wants to talk with me first before handing over the file. I don't wish to speak with him. The new surgeon's office has already sent a request to release the record. Can't I legally just walk in, ask for my file and walk out?

Medical records

medical records belong to you, you are entitled to copy of the complete medical records, including pictures taken, they are part of the medical records. This is the law. Write a nice formal letter to your surgeon requesting the medical records in total. Otherwise report him/her to the board of physicians in your state.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218