In most situations, is it necessary to have a fibroid(approx. 8cm-9cm large) removed prior to having a tummy tuck?

In most situations, is it necessary to have a fibroid(approx. 8cm-9cm large) removed prior to having a tummy tuck? I have a very petite frame, approx. 115lbs, 5'3 and just want to flatten belly post pregnancy. I am curious if my body size compared to the size of the fibroid would make a tummy tuck impossible without removing the fibroid first.

Fibroid removal

+2

You will get the best result by having the fibroid removed in conjunction with your tummy tuck surgery.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

TT in patient with a large fibroid.

+2

If you can feel the bulge of the fibroid through your abdominal wall, you will probably be better off by first having the fibroid addressed.