Is It Possible in Rhinoplasty to Get Desired Results?

I wanted to know whether rhinoplasty is performed generally or it's as we desire?, I've posted my current picture in which I've marked the nose tip, i want my nose to be one like in the second picture. So is it possible?

Getting Desired Results in Rhinoplasty

+2

A patient can achieve a desired result in rhinoplasty as long as expectations are realistic. If I want Angelina Jolie's nose, that is not possible. Your nose can be improved significantly but you cannot achieve the result you posted simply because your tip skin is too thick. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist who will examine you and discuss what you can accomplish.

+2

Rhinoplasty, IMHO should create an aesthetically attractive and natural appearing nose that suits each individual's face.  If the patient desires an aesthetically correct modification through Rhinoplasty, I for one have no issue trying to give them what they want as much as Rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish.  I do not see a large difference between these photos and believe something similar could be achieved with a closed Tip Plasty.

Results from a rhinoplasty

+2

A rhinoplasty should be done to help obtain an appearance closer to what that particular patient wants. If the surgeon doesn't feel that it is achievable or the patient does not like what is recommended then the surgery should not be performed.

With regard to the photos that you present and the potential for a certain outcome, this still can't be determined without an examination. (Your photos are of very low resolution and poor quality.)

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Results after rhinoplasty

+2

A great deal can be done during rhinoplasty.  This is in contrast to what "should" be done.  Refining your tip can be accomplished and should, depending on your goals, be successful.

Consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and make sure to review a representative series of his or her pre- and post-op pictures.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

There are limits to the amount of change that can be achieved with rhinoplasty.

+2

A rhinoplasty can change facial appearance a lot but there are limits.  Nasal skeletal structure, thickness of skin, caliber of the ala all are considerations.   I find video imaging useful in giving the patients what I think I can achieve in the operating room.

The pictures with this photograph aren't refined enough to make a prediction for the specific case.  However, I don't see anything that makes the desired results out of the question.

Rhinoplasty results

+2

Your results will be limited a bit by the thickness of your tissue and your overall general width. It can be narrowed possibly and the tip more refined but hard to say from the photo precsiely.

You can get these desired results in Rhinoplasty.

+2

Based on the two photos, what you seem to be concerned with is excessive nostril-show in the frontal view and wider than ideal alar base (base of the nose). Both of these issues can be corrected to give you better overall balance of your nose.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Desired rhinoplasty results

+1

Flaring of the nostrils is best treated by regular alarplasty, which involves making an incision at the base of the nostrils and removing alar sill skin to create smaller nostrils.  Narrowing of the nasal tip itself is accomplished with tip suturing techniques and removal of cartilage from the tip itself.  Both of these techniques can be performed together to improve the overall look of the nose.  Consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon for know whether your desired results are realistic.

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are just the sort of person that a rhinoplasty surgeon needs to think twice about operating on - a young male with a photo of a nose that he says he wants his to look like. This patient group is notoriously hard to please. If you came in to my office requesting a slight downward rotation of the tip so there is less nostril showing on frontal view I might take the case. If you just showed me a photo and said I want this I would probably turn you down. The difference is it is easier to please a patient who can reasonably describe exactly what they want changed than someone who just says make me look like this or that person. A good operation with a good result but an unhappy patient can be as bad or worse for the surgeon than an operation with a complication.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD